Saturday, January 19, 2008

Who knew a lap-top could be so much fun?

So my brother-in-law came over to our house the other day. He lives in Western NC, and works for a residential summer camp over in the mountains. Every January he does slide shows in Charlotte for families who are interested in learning more about the camp. And every January he stays at our house. And when he does, we always have loads of fun. This particular visit was no different. On this particular visit he'd brought with him a new toy. It was a mac lap-top with a built-in camera. The lap-top came equipped with a program called "photo booth", and with it you could do all kinds of things to your photos. It was especially hilarious when it came to distorting faces.

Here are 2 examples:





For more hilarious and slightly disturbing shots, see the side-bar.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Ok that is so scary. It looks nothing like you! I think the first one looks like Rosie O'Donnell. Now does that camera have a Kate Moss or Angelina Jolie option... cause that I would play with!

"I'm Rachel" said...

You're right! I do look like Rosie O'Donnell in that first shot! A totally psycho Rosie O'Donnell. Did you happen to check out the other shots along the side-bar? I think the mirror image one is a little freaky -- it looks like me, but slightly off in a way that's hard to put your finger on.....

Anonymous said...

Darn---I wanted to be the first to say you looked like Rosie O'Donnell. But, I guess it's unanimous! You'll especially grow to love this feature as you age. Imagine how beautiful you will be when you can stretch your wrinkles out until they disappear. xxoo

"I'm Rachel" said...

Cheryl called me yesterday and looked up the blog as we were talking. She hadn't read any of the comments, but the first thing out of her mouth was "That's a scary picture! You look like Rosie O'Donnell!" So I guess it's completely unanimous.

And mom, I think airbrushing would be the better way to go. Removes wrinkles without the distorting side effects! :)

Anonymous said...

You look like a man in the mirror image one. Like someone I know but can't place. The Rosie-O shots are frightening, but they're all hilarious.