Monday, January 12, 2009

Have you been hanging out with your college friends again?

I don't know if your kids do this, but mine like to sing songs they hear on the radio and substitute or insert words they think are funny. They're the usual suspects -- "potty words" like butt(s), poo, poop, poopy, wee-nus, etc.... So I hardly batted an eyelash when they started singing back and forth -- each trying to out do the other -- while they worked on their snowman projects at the kitchen table. They'd exhausted their regular list of funny words, and Gibson paused from his project as he tried to come up with something else to insert into the song they were singing.

And then I saw his face brighten a little, and with a triumphant little glow he crowed his newest version of the song back across the table to Landis. He was clearly proud of his word selection; It was funny sounding, but not one they think about very often, as it doesn't have that "potty" connotation they are always hoping for. But it had to do with a body part -- butts to be exact -- so I can only assume that this is where the connection came in.

And so, Ladies and Gentlemen, without further ado I present to you the lyric that Gibson came up with. It's sung to the tune of "I like to move it, move it.......". Please feel free to sing along.
I like to spank it, spank it!
I like to spank it, spank it!
I like to spank it spank it!
SPANK IT!


Go ahead. See if you can go the rest of the day without singing that. Without singing that exact version. I dare you.

Landis was sitting at the table too, though he was looking wistfully off into the distance lost in his own thoughts. Quietly, he said "What if there was a race? A naked race. And you could see everyone's butts as they ran by." Then grinning wickedly he looked straight across the table at Gibson and added "A naked race would be fun. We'd laugh and laugh because everyone would be running and you could see everyone's butts." And then he threw his head back and cackled. And folks, I swear right then and there I could see the future.


"All right boys," I sighed, "Let's reign it back in. You'll be in college soon enough."

1 comment:

vonbad said...

Bay to Breakers L. THey run naked there.