Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dream a little dream.....

"No!! No!! Because Clifford the Big Red Dog is REALLY fast!!!!!!!

At 2:30am, Landis yells out in his sleep this phrase, in a voice so clear I think it's possible he's actually awake. But no. Out cold. Apparently dreaming quite vividly about Clifford. And now that I'm awake, I lay there wondering what happened next. Was that an argument for Clifford because he's so fast, or an argument against Clifford for exactly the same reason? And why is it that before I had kids I could sleep through a hurricane? But now I wake up to any random noise they make at night -- a sigh, a slight cough, small footsteps on the stairs, a shuffling down the hall, and that blinking sound they make with their eyeballs when they are standing 3 inches from your face at the side of your bed.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Is Clifford really fast? Cause I would think his size would be a hinderance especially vs. a small red dog. I will have to ask Landis the next time I see him! :) That is just too cute!