Tuesday, February 26, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things......

One of the things I love the most about Gibson is that he has the capacity to feel things so deeply, with every part of his being. He's sensitive -- unlike his brother, who is not particularly bothered by much. Things roll off Landis' skin much more easily than they do Gibson's. It's like his entire body is comprised of a giant, soft heart disguised as a little boy's body. His feelings are hurt easily, but he also finds joy in the little things. And one of the things I find so endearing is that he's able to verbalize his feelings in such a sincere way that it makes my heart melt.

For instance, when Landis was saying ugly things to him in the car the other day, Gibson looked at me with complete sincerity and said: "When Landis says mean things to me it hurts my brain."

Or this morning, when Landis was explaining how he only loved mommy, Gibson told him: "No, Landis. You love everybody. Like, I love Mommy, and I love Daddy, and I love you, and I love myself. You're supposed to love everybody."

But my favorite Gibson quote came recently when I was tucking them into bed. "Think about all the fun things you did today." I told them. "And then pick out your very favorite thing, close your eyes and picture it in your head." "No." Gibson said quietly, a small smile on his face. "Picture it in your heart......"

3 comments:

Janice said...

i hope he never never never loses that. ever.

Anonymous said...

That is so-o-o-o-o sweet. What a tender little heart.....makes my heart melt also.
xxoo

Anonymous said...

Oh, Robey is the same way. I always say he has a sensitive soul.

Incidently, Moe is like Landis too. He's the tough one.