Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The name of the game

There are lots of nice people; You'll make new friends.
"Oh, that sounds very good."
Thanks, perhaps to the Alzheimer's, she is not suspicious of our vagueness.

I recently got “tagged” for a game unique to the blogging world. It’s called…………um……..well……I guess I don’t really know what the official name is. I think it’s referred to as “123,5,3 meme”, but I don’t know if that’s the actual name of the game. In any case, here’s how it’s played: You grab the closest book and turn to page 123. Then you skip the first 5 sentences on the page, and post the next 3. If you are “tagged” next, and you have a blog, you post your “meme” there. If you don’t blog, you can just play along in the Comments section.

I’m not sure, but I think the point is to reveal something about yourself through your choice of reading material. I know what my book choice reveals about me. Isn’t it apparent that I move through this world with a Zen-like nature? That I am deep and philosophical, and dare I say it? Genius…?

What does your choice of reading material reveal about you?


Consider yourselves tagged. (And you too..... You're tagged too.)

3 comments:

Janice said...

You don't post what book it was? I put that in cause I had to explain my quote. We should make up games like that every now and then.
ps. oh christmas tree... still want to help me get it out? thinking i should hang some hearts on it, haha!

Anonymous said...

You revealed my "name"--and I thought I could remain "Anonymous" forever!
OK--here's the quote from the current book I'm reading:

an aryan shopkeeper--a snorer--two tricksters--and revenge in the shape of mixed candy

(Page 123 is a title page.....)

Anonymous said...

I am being buried by school books right now. So this is the quote from the closest one:

TNS Intersearch reported that 56% of today's parents say that by the time they were 10yrs. old they were allowed to walk or bike to school. Today, only 36% of those same parents say their own kids should be allowed similar freedoms. A separate study by Taylor Research found that 41% of children ages 8-11 worry about being safe in their neighborhoods.


Sorry to bring in such a downer!