Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Guessing Game


  • Me: (Filling Gibson's plate with food.) What else do you want buddy?
  • Gib: (Pointing) I'll have some of that Gopher.
  • Me: (Pointing) Is this what you're talking about?
  • Gib: Yeah, that.
  • Me: Why are you calling it "Gopher"?
  • Gib: 'Cuz that's how you eat it. (Imitates eating motion.)

So, just for kicks, let's play a little game. The rules are easy:

100 extra-credit-super-sized-bonus-points (and maybe a small prize) go to the first person* to correctly identify the food item he was talking about.

(*No fair guessing if you were standing in the kitchen when this conversation went down. Mom, I think this means you.)

4 comments:

Janice said...

I'm gonna guess corn on the cob

Anonymous said...

I wasn't in the kitchen, but I will have to go w/ Janice's guess since it seems to make sense that you eat it like a gopher----and because we had it 3 times while you were all here.
Corn on the cob.
xxoo MOM

vonbad said...

Man, I was going to say corn on the cob too. But just in case they were wrong I will say..........big a** turkey leg.

"I'm Rachel" said...

OK. Was that too easy? It was corn on the cob -- which I will now always refer to as gopher. Janice gets the extra-credit-bonus-points. And I'll see what kind of prize I can dig up. :)