Friday, October 24, 2008

Apparently we've been discussing this a lot.....

Yesterday Gibson was taking turns wearing each of our various Halloween masks around the house. He spent some time as a mummy, as a skeleton, as a scary old man, and then as George Bush. (No, the scary old man mask and the George Bush mask are not one and the same, though I'll admit that I consider the latter to be much more frightening than the former.......)

He wandered into the kitchen and over to where I was standing. "Mom," he asked, "Is this Barrack Obama?"
"No" I snorted, stifling the desire to be a smart-ass to my 6 year-old. He was asking a sincere question, and he deserved a sincere answer without any editorializing on my part. So I did the best I could. "That is definitely not Obama."
"Oh." He replied, peeling the mask off his face. He studied it for a minute, contemplating his options. "I guess it must be John McCain........"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! He's inherited the "political junkie" gene!!
xxoo