Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Adventures in Orange Soda


"I want that one." he said, pointing to the orange Fanta.
"Are you sure?" I asked him. "It has carbonation. It'll be fizzy."
"Yes, yes. I'm sure." he told me. "I want that one."
So I filled his cup.
He bent forward, wrapped his lips around the straw, and sucked down his first big sip.
Completely startled, with eyes as wide as saucers, he shot straight up in his chair.
"It tastes like it has SPARKLES in it!!"
Tentatively, he took another sip.
He sat up again, eyebrows knit in deep concentration.
"It tastes like it has little BALLS in it!!"
He went in again.
And again.
And one more time for good measure.
Then a shiver passed through his entire body as he pushed his orange Fanta across the table to me.
"It's yucky."




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are priceless. I love this one of Landis. xxoo MOM

Anonymous said...

I used to call soda "tickle-nose".
-Cheryl