Saturday, April 5, 2008

So this is what they mean when they say "I'd rather have a root canal"......


I had a root canal yesterday. (Inflamed nerve tissue, maybe some deterioration, extreme sensitivity, blah, blah, blah......) And all things considered, it went pretty well. I mean, I suppose it was as pleasant as a root canal can be. And even though the dentist gave me a prescription for Vicoden, I felt so good that I didn't get it filled. But let me tell you, I should've. Because at 5:30 this morning, that root canal started KICKING MY ASS.

I took 600 milligrams of ibuprofen and that hasn't even touched it. It hasn't even touched it! So I had to get up....... Occupy myself somehow. Because writhing around in the bed going "ohmygodmytooth!!!!!ohmygodmytooth!!!!ohmygodmytooth!!! just wasn't cutting it either.

I'm dying to get my prescription filled, but the pharmacy doesn't open until 8:00. Holy crap. I hope I make it that long because next I'm going to take a hammer to the side of my head.
(*Edited to add: I'm doing much better now, thank you. Drugs. Good Stuff. Who knew?)

6 comments:

Janice said...

I hope you made it. But in the future know that the girl w/ lupus and fibro is who you call before you take the hammer to your head. She's always prepared (for root canals and such, not for building a fire with no matches).

Anonymous said...

Pooooo-o-o-o-oorrrrr BABY!!!
Glad you're feeling better today.
xxoo MOM

Anonymous said...

Poor ting.

vonbad said...

A word of wisdom for you - always fill the pain med rx because you just never know.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Janice said...

Where, oh where, is Rachel? How I miss her blog.