Saturday, April 19, 2008

Important reading

I don't post a lot of political things on this blog, but if you click right here you can cruise on over to "A Mommy Story" where she has written a fantastic letter to the candidates. Whatever your political affiliation, I highly encourage you to read it.

On a side note, but still somewhat related to politics, if you've called our house recently, you may already know that Gibson LOVES to answer the phone. So when we got a call the other night, you know he dashed right over and picked it up.
Here's the conversation that followed:
Gibson: Hello? (Pause) Uh-huh. (Long pause as he listens for a while.) OK. (Pause) Bye. (Hangs up and walks into the family room.)
Mike: Who was that?
Gibson: Barrack Obama.
Mike: Uh.....Barrack Obama? Well, What did he say?
Gibson: He wants us to watch him on TV tonight.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I laughed out loud both times I read that... thanks for the chuckle Gibson!

Anonymous said...

As always, my comment is that Gibson is so precious!!! But, I do know that I'm a bit prejudiced!
I clicked the blog that you recommended and it is OUTSTANDING. I copied it and sent it to several people. She really needs to submit it to Newsweek. I didn't know how to respond to her blog, so maybe you can tell her to do it. EVERYONE should read it---especially the candidates. I guess we'll have some idea today of where this is going once Pennsylvanians have their say. Is this the North Carolina primary also? I hope there's a definitive answer because the "ripping" on one another MUST stop!
Enough politics....it's too early in the a.m. for my stomach to be in a knot!
xxoo MOM