Monday, August 13, 2007

Hand Puppets


Landis is a little boy with a big imagination. We joke that he could entertain himself for hours in a paper bag, and for a while now he's been really into his "hand puppets". (If you are curious as to what those hand puppets might be, hold your hand up in front of your face. Now pretend to have it talk to you in the same way that you would if it were actually in a puppet. Yep. That's it. No additional costume necessary.) He can get lost in his own little hand-puppet world at any given moment in any given day. Yesterday I was watching him brush his teeth, but he didn't know I was there. Right in the middle of brushing he abruptly stopped, spit, and layed his toothbrush down on the counter. Up came the hands.

Says the left hand: "Hi"

Right hand: "Hi"

Left hand: "What are you doing?"

Right hand: "I'm brushing he's teeth."

Left hand: "Oh. Ok."


And then he resumed brushing........

2 comments:

Janice said...

Ok, I am curious... do his puppets talk to other puppets? Can you join in? Cause if so I have to remember that next time I come by!

Anonymous said...

Definitely! He loves to include other "puppets" in the conversation. He refers to my hands as Mommy and Daddy -- my left hand being Mommy because of my wedding ring!