Saturday, August 11, 2007

I'll be over here.... under this pile of laundry

I have a bed wetter. God love him, he pee's up the bed every single night, pretty much without fail. Which, in turn, means that I can NEVER get ahead of the laundry. Piles of sheets and soaking wet PJ's follow me everywhere, pushing and shoving their way up to the front of the laundry line. (Oh, don't tell me about pull-ups -- we use them, and he fills them to overflowing. And don't tell me to limit his liquids -- we tried. It didn't work. The real dilemma is that he sleeps like a rock. The act of peeing doesn't even make him stir. It's amazing, really, to watch him sleep, or to try to wake him up. But I digress.........I believe I was bitching about laundry....)

Why is it that once you have kids the laundry is never, ever, ever done? I bust my butt all day, schlepping things from washer to dryer, dryer to couch (I will admit that I fold from the couch while I watch Oprah. There has to be a silver lining somewhere, doesn't there?), and if I'm lucky I manage to get it all neatly folded and back into seperate laundry baskets in seperate bedrooms, ready to be put away at the end of the day. Sometimes I even manage to get it put away before day's end, and then I feel SO accomplished. "Ha ha ha!!! I beat you, laundry! I am crossing you off my list! You are done!!"

But the laundry just smirks at me, for it has only lulled me into a false sense of victory. You-Know-Who emerges from his nap, soaking from head to toe. Mike comes in the door from work and discards his sweaty, filthy clothes onto the pile that has already begun to form. Then bathtime hits, and the pile grows.

Is it too much to ask that my family not wear clothes, or use towels, or washcloths, or need clean sheets...........Just for one day?

2 comments:

Janice said...

Yeah! Love the new blog. I'll read yours to live the life of a mom and you can read mine for the life of a single woman and we will have the best of both worlds. Down with laundry!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about dishes and grocery shopping and picking up toys. There's really no end to any of it.