Sunday, August 26, 2007

Highlights

We are going to the beach next week, and I thought it would be fun to put some highlights in my hair. Sort of a sun-kissed kind of look to celebrate the conclusion of a great summer. The tricky part here is that we're on a budget. There will be no $150.00 trip to the salon. And as it turns out, 2 of my friends are thinking of coloring their hair too. So the 3 of us (Janna, Janice and me) make plans to have a hair coloring party on Thursday night, and then head to Super-Target to buy some beauty-in-a-box.

On Thursday, Janice isn't feeling so hot. Janna and I decide that even though Janice is the one with the most experience in hair coloring, maybe we can pull this off ourselves. We meet over at Janna's, have a glass of wine, eat some kettle corn, and proceed to color our hair. It's around 10:00 or so when I head home -- hair still wet, but with my freshly painted highlights and I'm excited.

Friday morning, I get up to make the kids some breakfast. I walk out into the family room and come face-to-face with Gibson.

Gibson: "What did you do to your hair?!!!"
Me: "I highlighted it."
Gibson: "Well you look DISGUSTING!"

I look at Mike. He shrugs, but I can see that it's taking everything in his power not to fall to the floor, slapping his thighs and convulsing with laughter. And you know what they say........ Out of the mouths of babes......

I am now sporting a nice shade of auburn.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Gibson has such strong feelings about your hair- it cracks me up. So sorry I wasn't there to do the highlights... are there any pictures so I can see what they looked like? When you get back we can try again! But no matter what I am sure you were beautiful! (ps. i was supposed to come out dark brown. my hair is black. i am sure gibson will have something to say about it)

Unknown said...

Atta boy Gibson. That type of honesty will get you far.

Anonymous said...

I know. The boy needs to learn a litle tact.

Anonymous said...

Did Janice somehow end up with the bug that Landis had?

Robey is already trained by his father to say, "your hair looks good," the minute I walk in the door from a hair appt. Without ever looking up.

Last haircut I had REALLY threw Moe for a loop, though. He just kept staring at me like he wasn't convinced it was really me.